- Steampunk ANKH Pendant - ALCHEMY GOTHIC Autokinetic Literankh Pendant.
- Being a little-known, advanced mid-Victorian device for the self-executing formulation and transcription of life-prolonging conjurations and incantations.
- A two-tone antiqued pewter pendant of a steampunk version of an Egyptian ankh, with a fountain pen nibbed end, bronzed gear wheels and set with a modest, dark turquoise blue cabochon.
- On a brass plated 21" (53cm) curb chain.
- Size: Width 1.7" x Height 3" x Depth 0.3."
- Materials: Fine English Pewter with dark turquoise blue cabochon.
The original meaning of the ankh remains a mystery...while there are varying explanations as to how the ankh came about and it's original meaning, it now symbolizes immortality, eternal life, or life after death. It also is considered a fertility symbol, the joining of the masculine and feminine principle. The ankh is a powerful symbol that is often used in ritual magic for protection.
The interpretation/writing on this item is my own, not the work of Alchemy Gothic.
Text copyright Dena L Moore, 2006.
About Alchemy Gothic...The Original Revivalists
All Alchemy Gothic products are conceived and designed in England by Alchemy Carta, and all pewter products are made in England in the Alchemy workshops. The metal used in the manufacture of Alchemy Gothic pewter products is of the highest grade, 92% tin alloy (to BSS5140 standard), known as "English Pewter." Lead and Nickel Free!