- INANNA ISHTAR Venus Mesopotamian GODDESS Pendant.
- Inanna Ishtar Venus Mesopotamian Sumerian Goddess - Queen of Heaven Amulet.
- Features a central astrological zodiac ring - Astrolabe.
- Handcrafted in high quality gold jeweler's bronze.
- This pendant is approximately 2"h (including the drop) x 1 3/4"w.
Surrounded by the words: "I am the radiant splendor of the starry night shining like jewels in the everchanging sky."
With her arms raised in blessing and surrounded by a nimbus of stars this goddess was seen as the embodiment of the Eastern Star - Venus. She is based heavily on the mythology of Ishtar, worshipped as early as 4000 BCE in the area of present day Iraq. The filigree is a working star chart as on an astrolabe - an ancient devise used to navigate and tell time. The points are referred to as flames and each indicates the position and name of a star. The zodiac ring, also positioned correctly, is known as the ecliptic. The text on this piece was inspired by the Hymns of Inanna and intended to invoke the divine feminine healing power of the Universe.
Dryad Design - the work of Paul Borda