- Cernunnos Belt Buckle - Dryad Design Horned God Belt Buckle.
- Buckle measures 3 inches (7.6 cm) in diameter.
- This belt buckle fits a 1 1/2 inch wide belt.
- Made in the USA of lead-free pewter.
- Designed by Paul Borda of Dryad Design.
This carved belt buckle depicts Cernunnos, the antlered horned God of abundance and shamanism. He is the powerfully masculine, virile and beloved Forest Lord known as "the stag of seven times."
Cernunnos is also known as the horned God of the witches. His portrayal here has been influenced by the Gundestrup Cauldron, which was found in bog in Denmark. It is believed that the cauldron was stolen by the Vikings, broken up, and given as a sacrifice. Cernunnos is holding the rams headed serpent that some associate with the dark half of the year - basically from Scorpio to Aries. The torc is likely a symbol of sovereignty or kingship.