- Celtic Raven Octagon Shaped Porcelain Pendant - Protection, Abundance, Prosperity.
- Handcrafted Porcelain Pottery.
- Designed in Scotland, Canada, and the USA. Made in the USA.
- Descriptive card is printed in both English and French Canadian.
- Size: 7/8 inch in diameter.
- Pendant is strung on a 32" adjustable braided rayon cord.
- Packaged in a gift box and ready to be gifted!
Nehalennia, the steerswoman, is the Celtic goddess who protects travelers during their life, but also on their journey through the afterlife. She is represented by dolphins, who protect seafarers, and dogs and ravens who protect land travelers. Along the coast of ancient Celtic settlements are standing stones carved with stylized dolphins, tributes to Nehalennia. As the goddess of guardianship, she symbolizes prosperity and the abundance of the earth.
The art of the Celtic peoples has a tradition rich in intricacy and symbolism. Through the ages, these symbols have aided in the search for strength, courage, and spiritual understanding. Our handmade jewelry draws upon and celebrates this ancient tradition. This means your Celtic Art jewelry is as timeless and enduring as the tradition from which it is inspired.
Each design is fired into the clay at 2200°F, producing remarkable clarity and ceramic-hard durability that will not peel or wear off. Each is surprisingly lightweight, finished to a satin touch and comfortable to wear.