- Celtic Dog Round Shaped Porcelain Pendant - Loyalty, Companionship.
- Handcrafted Porcelain Pottery.
- Designed in Scotland, Canada, and the USA. Made in the USA.
- Descriptive card is printed in both English and French Canadian.
- Size: 1 inch in diameter.
- Pendant is strung on a 32" adjustable braided rayon cord.
- Packaged in a gift box and ready to be gifted!
To the Celtic peoples, dogs have often symbolized the strong bond of companionship and loyalty between human and animal. The Celtic goddess to protect travelers, Nehalennia, is often depicted with dogs at her side. Dogs figured prominently in Celtic artwork, especially within the Books of Kells, Durrow, and Lindisfarne. Fiercely protective of their human families, the barking of a faithful dog can be a first alert to danger or concern.
The art of the Celtic peoples has a tradition rich in intricacy and symbolism. Through the ages, these symbols have aided in the search for strength, courage, and spiritual understanding. Our handmade jewelry draws upon and celebrates this ancient tradition. This means your Celtic Art jewelry is as timeless and enduring as the tradition from which it is inspired.
Each design is fired into the clay at 2200°F, producing remarkable clarity and ceramic-hard durability that will not peel or wear off. Each is surprisingly lightweight, finished to a satin touch and comfortable to wear.